Wednesday, November 5, 2008

White clay skeleton

I like "La catrina" at the first time I saw her in the Mexican airport. Before I know her name I just call her skeleton lady. La Catrina figures are a traditional part of Mexican folk art, where death is a common motive and simply seen as the other half of life. This is the first time I made the skeleton so I decided not to make one La catria, instead I just made a simple skeleton with the white color clay.




















Here are some pictures of La Catrina. La Catrina likes show herself in many different ways. Maybe next time I will make one La catria with Qipao the traditional chinese dress.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I also like The catrina and her tipical dress, but I definitly would like see her in a Qipao. show us if you do it. :)